Drupal Google Books Filter Module
The Google Books module is a filter module and an API for http://books.google.com, that allows a user to insert rich Google Book data into nodes via filters with JSON data retrieved from the Google domain.
This module is released for Drupal 7 at http://drupal.org/project/google_books. You can see the Google Book module running live below on this page.
Text between [ ], google_books:Hand-book and illustrated catalogue of the engineers' and surveyors' instruments | no_reader
- Self Link: link
- Authors: J.R.R. Tolkien
- Publisher: Houghton Mifflin Harcourt
- Published Date: 2012-02-15
- Description: The first volume in J.R.R. Tolkien's epic adventure THE LORD OF THE RINGS One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them, One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them In ancient times the Rings of Power were crafted by the Elven-smiths, and Sauron, the Dark Lord, forged the One Ring, filling it with his own power so that he could rule all others. But the One Ring was taken from him, and though he sought it throughout Middle-earth, it remained lost to him. After many ages it fell into the hands of Bilbo Baggins, as told in The Hobbit. In a sleepy village in the Shire, young Frodo Baggins finds himself faced with an immense task, as his elderly cousin Bilbo entrusts the Ring to his care. Frodo must leave his home and make a perilous journey across Middle-earth to the Cracks of Doom, there to destroy the Ring and foil the Dark Lord in his evil purpose. “A unique, wholly realized other world, evoked from deep in the well of Time, massively detailed, absorbingly entertaining, profound in meaning.” – New York Times
- Type: ISBN_13 | ISBN_10
- Thumbnail: link
- Language: en
- Preview Link: link
- Info Link: link
- Country: US | US
- Saleability: NOT_FOR_SALE
- Viewability: PARTIAL
- Embeddable: 1
- Web Reader Link: link
This module can be used to insert
- book data from Google into pages using Drupal filters, There are options to include / exclude any data fields,
- a book cover image when it exists
There are many search options with Google books and many options to display that data within the Google Book module. The API pulls data from Google Books in a generic way. This module includes data caching so once the book information is loaded the first time with a request for JSON data, the subsequent requests are very fast.