Drupal Google Books Filter Module
The Google Books module is a filter module and an API for http://books.google.com, that allows a user to insert rich Google Book data into nodes via filters with JSON data retrieved from the Google domain.
This module is released for Drupal 7 at http://drupal.org/project/google_books. You can see the Google Book module running live below on this page.
Text between [ ], google_books:Hand-book and illustrated catalogue of the engineers' and surveyors' instruments | no_reader
- Self Link: link
- Authors: John Ronald Reuel Tolkien
- Publisher: HarperCollins Publishers
- Published Date: 2012
- Description: Sauron, the Dark Lord, has gathered to him all the Rings of Power - the means by which he intends to rule Middle-earth. All he lacks in his plans for dominion is the One Ring - the ring that rules them all - which has fallen into the hands of the hobbit, Bilbo Baggins.In a sleepy village in the Shire, young Frodo Baggins finds himself faced with an immense task, as his elderly cousin Bilbo entrusts the Ring to his care. Frodo must leave his home and make a perilous journey across Middle-earth to the Cracks of Doom, there to destroy the Ring and foil the Dark Lord in his evil purpose.To celebrate the release of the first of Peter Jackson's two-part film adaptation of The Hobbit, THE HOBBIT: AN UNEXPECTED JOURNEY, this first part of THE LORD OF THE RINGS is available for a limited time with an exclusive cover image from Peter Jackson's award-winning trilogy.
- Type: ISBN_10 | ISBN_13
- Thumbnail: link
- Language: en
- Preview Link: link
- Info Link: link
- Country: US | US
- Saleability: NOT_FOR_SALE
- Viewability: NO_PAGES
- Web Reader Link: link
This module can be used to insert
- book data from Google into pages using Drupal filters, There are options to include / exclude any data fields,
- a book cover image when it exists
There are many search options with Google books and many options to display that data within the Google Book module. The API pulls data from Google Books in a generic way. This module includes data caching so once the book information is loaded the first time with a request for JSON data, the subsequent requests are very fast.