Drupal Google Books Filter Module
The Google Books module is a filter module and an API for http://books.google.com, that allows a user to insert rich Google Book data into nodes via filters with JSON data retrieved from the Google domain.
This module is released for Drupal 7 at http://drupal.org/project/google_books. You can see the Google Book module running live below on this page.
Text between [ ], google_books:Hand-book and illustrated catalogue of the engineers' and surveyors' instruments | no_reader
- Self Link: link
- Authors: J. R. R. Tolkien
- Publisher: HarperCollins UK
- Published Date: 2009-04-20
- Description: Continuing the story begun in The Hobbit, this is the first part of Tolkien’s epic masterpiece, The Lord of the Rings, featuring the definitive text and a detailed map of Middle-earth.
- Type: ISBN_10 | ISBN_13
- Thumbnail: link
- Language: en
- Preview Link: link
- Info Link: link
- Country: US | US
- Saleability: NOT_FOR_SALE
- Viewability: NO_PAGES
- Web Reader Link: link
This module can be used to insert
- book data from Google into pages using Drupal filters, There are options to include / exclude any data fields,
- a book cover image when it exists
There are many search options with Google books and many options to display that data within the Google Book module. The API pulls data from Google Books in a generic way. This module includes data caching so once the book information is loaded the first time with a request for JSON data, the subsequent requests are very fast.